Friday 13 September 2013

Day 189

I noticed while out shopping today that Cabbage Patch Dolls are celebrating their thirtieth anniversary of when they first come out. On the boxes it displayed thirty years of Cabbage Patch Dolls. My Cabbage Doll was the last doll I ever had back in the 1980s. I was aged eight or nine back when I got mine. The name my doll came with was Gregory. I knew this because they came with little adoption certificates. He was bought for me for Christmas. Wow thirty-years ago. It does not seem that long ago.

I have not seen any on sale for ages either but there they were on the shop shelves, all boxed and ready to go. I really looked after mine. I did not go as far as keep him in the box. I did play. I remember pushing him around in a pram etc. He was immaculate still in the outfit that he came in and even had the nappy all was intact. I loved the fact these dolls had a little belly button and a signature on their little bum cheeks too, to show they were genuine. They were all suppose to be different, not one the same as another. However they all had the exact same face, just a different hairstyle and outfit.

For me this was now I time when I knew I was becoming too old to play with dolls. A time to be listening to records, singing along to fame, and putting on legwarmers. So with this in mind and very sadly because I loved that doll. I passed him on to some younger family members, only on my next visit to their house to find poor Gregory stripped naked and head first in the sand pit! Oh well at least he was loved once!

But when I look now how much these things go on eBay...



Evening all x  x x


No comments:

Post a Comment