Sunday 7 July 2013

Day 120

Well he did it, dear Reader, Andrew Murray won Wimbledon today--after years of trying.

I cannot remember the last time I picked up a racket. I like tennis. I did at one point take to playing it a lot on the Nintendo Wii. The Wii is actually a brilliant way to get fit. We also have the Wii Fit Board and the weight just drops of you if you use it everyday. I used to use it everyday and sadly now since we joined the gym we have completely been neglecting the little Wii. 

I think I will blow the dust off it and go on it this week. We also have golf on there and lots of other great games, so I must find the time to have a go. I have also just seen that you can buy Pac Man for the Wii so I am going to order that and chase a few ghosts to eliminate the stress of my skin and allergy problems.

I love Pac Man--I used to have the Grandstand game. Which I loved. It was great growing up in the 80s we had some fantastic stuff. We got a Spectrum ZK for Christmas around 1980/1981 what ever the year the games consoles came out we got them in that year. We were lucky. The keys used to get really hot on the keyboard and it used to take ages to load. Do you remember: Horace Goes Skiing, Mystical Diamonds, Scrabble? There were also a few educational games that we played on it too. 

Before that my aunt used to be still living at my gran's and she had a game called Pong. It was two bars on either side of the screen and you had to hit the ball with the bars. Not great graphics but back in the mid to late 1970s it kept me as a small child occupied for hours. She also had a massive David Cassidy poster in her room above her bed did my aunt and it totally use to freak me out--it was massive to me a tiny child. 

There are even more gadgets now than we ever had in the 80s. It is gadget overload now. They cannot get them out fast enough now the latest consoles, Kindles, mobile phones and laptops. What I really need is a device for reading as you are walking. I do need more time for reading and I do a lot of walking so that would be ideal for me.

Evening all x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment