Wednesday 10 July 2013

Day 123

Have you noticed, dear Reader, how it is trendy now for bands to reform. They are all at it now and to be honest for some of them their music is a lot better the second time around. It makes me think about getting my old band Abbado back together. We werea Abba/ Black Lace tribute band. We performed all their classic hits.

I have always been a big fan of music. My mum is a huge Cliff Richard fan, so I was raised on Cliff. With his classic song 'We Don't Talk Anymore' on repeat when my parents were getting divorced. I used to love watching Top of the Pops. I don't know why they have not brought it back--there is still a place for it. It would help us mums know what is number one in the charts for a start. . 

I still buy CDs and I have that many that this weekend I am having to box some and put them in storage.  I have put them all on the computer which I play like a juke box, so they all do get well played. I have always been more into electronic pop, so it was bands like the Pet Shop Boys, New Order and Depeche Mode that I became a fan of in my teens. I also do like my musicals and recently I developed a like for organ music. Although I have always liked my musicals and I love Phantom of the Opera.

So there is quite a wide range of music in my CD collection--I even own some classical CDs. Sadly I had to part with my records. Which for some strange reason when I still lived at home I use to keep them all blue tacked to my bedroom wall out of their covers so my bedroom walls were just covered in black vinyl. It saved space, but I could not really do that now I am all grown up at thirty-nine. Could I, dear Reader?

Evening all x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment