Monday 29 July 2013

Day 142

When I woke up this morning, dear Reader, I had puffy eyes. I have had puffy eyes in the past with my allergy--but not for a while. Even now after bathing them with a cold flannel and wearing cooling eye masks, I still look like I have been in a boxing ring and come off badly after doing ten rounds.

I was determined that I was going to still go to the gym no matter what, butknow it is not a good idea using equipment when it also affects my sight.

So why now have my puffy eyes returned? When I am making such good progress too. Well I have put it down to a number of things. Over the weekend I sorted out my nickel jewellery, handbags and shoes for the charity shop. Even though I was careful handling everything my nickel allergy is that bad any contact could cause my eyes to puff.

I have to wear goggles when I do housework because my allergy to house dust mites is so bad. Over the weekend I started vacuuming and had forgot to put them on. This has never happened before. Then I tried that new shampoo from The Body Shop.

So it could have been any of these factors. I don't think it was the shampoo I am allergic to. I think with my skin being dry that the shampoo just caused more of an irritation when I washed my air and it went on the dry skin.

I am usually so careful when cleaning. So I think it was sorting through the nickel and forgetting the goggles that did it.

So now I must pay the price and look like a prize fighter for the next couple of days. The good news is the swelling is now going down, so I don't think I will need to see the doctor.

When will it ever end dear Reader?

Evening all x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment