Saturday 3 August 2013

Day 147

Hello, dear Reader, well first of all let us get the skin update over. Slight improvement but it is still very sore. But I think I have now eliminated what ever was irritating and causing my skin to react.

My 'to read and review' book pile is huge at the moment. I do read books in order that I am sent them. But I am going to have to do some series reading to make that pile go down a bit. I don't like to keep my authors waiting a long time.

I recently have begun to review for Mills & Boon which is fantastic. A lot of my reading is done from my Kindle, but is always nice to receive a signed book from a grateful author. I treasure these books. Sometimes you don't get a thank you from some authors who I suppose it is all just business to. But it is always nice when you do get an old fashioned thank you. 

Many of my friends are writers now and they are a great bunch of people to hang out with. I get invited to a lot of booky social events, but unfortunately due to my allergies I have not been to go to any so far this year. Let's hope I get to go and cover one soon for this blog.

I am also friends with a lot of other book reviewers too and if an author is difficult to work with word soon gets around. Not that, that happens much, most authors are lovely people, But occasionally you get ones that are driven to be successful and so it in a forceful and want everything doing yesterday way. 

You soon learn who you can work with and who you can't. I can now who will be difficult to work with straight away. You can just tell, can't explain why but you just know. But all in all you meet some rather nice and interesting people. The good outweighs the bad.

Evening all x x x

2 comments:

  1. I'm reviewing for Mills and Boon too!!! wohoooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I can't wait to start :)

    ReplyDelete